The organizers of the fourth FIFG FootGolf World Cup announce the planned schedule and spots for the biggest event of 2020.
FIFG FOOTGOLF WORLD CUP JAPAN 2020
Organizers: Federation for International FootGolf（FIFG), Japan FootGolf Association（JFGA)
Course: Seven Hundred Club
Support: Tochigi Prefecture, Sakura City, Utsunomiya City
Partner: Sakura City Golf Promotion committee
Media partner: TV Aichi
5 individual and 3 team competition days
- September 25th (Fri): Practice
- 26th (Sat): Practice & Welcome Party
- 27th (Sun): 1st day Individual
- 28th (Mon): 2nd day Individual
- 29th (Tue): 3rd day Individual
- 30th (Wed): Final day Individual
- October 1st (Thu): 1st day Team Competition (Best 16)
- 2nd (Fri): 2nd day Team Competition (Quarter-finals)
- 3rd（Sat): Semi-final Team Competition
- 4th（Sun): Final Day Team Competition and Awarding Ceremony
- 5th（Mon): Spare day
(In case of postponing during the individual competition, the team competition starts on 2nd October with the best 16 and the quarter-finals, while the 5th October is the rain date for the team finals).
“The competition concept is “TSUNAGU”, which means to connect. FIFG FootGolf World Cup in Japan brings the world together. It is very important for all of us to get together to promote and develop FootGolf as a global sport now, so that FootGolf can be an Olympic sport in the future. I am glad that Tomikazu Fukuda, Governor of Tochigi and Takashi Hanatsuka, Mayor of Sakura city are supporting us.” said Shinpei Matsuura, JFGA President.
“We have more than one year until the next World Cup and I am very happy that we have announced these information. It is important that the federations and the players can make plans and arrange their schedule for the next year.” commented Gábor Gelencsér, president of the FIFG.
Japan is going to host prestigious events in the near future, like the Rugby World Cup this September, the Olympic and Paralympic Games in 2020 and the World Masters Games in 2021.
While allocating the maximum number of slots to FIFG member countries, the organizers will also give places to the top players from World Rankings in 2020 (as of the end of August 2020). That will boost the world ranking in 2020. The number of individual participants in each country will be determined by 31st December 2019.
• If the number of participants in the country is less than the maximum number of participants in each country, the remaining spots will be distributed to other countries.
• Separate rules will be applied for the remaining spots that are overlapped to the top players of the world ranking in 2019 and 2020.
• The maximum spots for countries that joined FIFG in 2019, would be 4 absolute, 1 senior, 1 woman.
• The top world ranking in 2020 will be counted until the end of August 2020.