The last stage of the European Footgolf Trophy Tour (EFTT) 2014 was Sam van Bracht’s first international competition. After this year’s opening tournament’s first day he has a chance to win in Spain as you see after Saturday’s results. We asked him about this promising start.
– How long have you been playing?
– I have been playing less than a year. The National Footgolf Championship in Holland was my first big tournament in September 2014. At the end of the year it was my first international cup in Portugal, when I finished second.
– A new star was born?
– (Laughing) No. There are about twenty players who can win an international tournament. I'm one of them, but definitely not the only one.
– You played well today in Marbella, on the first day of the EFTT’s opening stage, scored par -7.
– This course here is the most beautiful golf course I ever played so far, also the weather is perfect. The course is very tricky, the last nine holes are very difficult to play.
– What’s your goal in 2015?
– I don’t know exactly what is possible for me this year in the Trophy Tour 2015. But my goal is to be in the top ten.